Polyurethane Reaction (PUR)Rigid Closed Cell Foam
Available in blocks or sheets or custom cut
Contact for Technical Specifications
Properties and Benefits
- High performance insulation material with minimal occupation of space.
- Low thermal conductivity and high thermal resistance and minimal loss of insulation properties over time.
- Low water permeability and moisture absorption. It does not rot or support the growth of mould and has no food value for vermin or termites.
- Excellent resistance to chemicals and solvents
- High compressive strength
- Fire retardant additive
- Strong, light weight and easy to handle.
- On site PUR can be cut with ordinary hand tools.
- Dimensionally stable with low vapour transmission.
- Durable with a life beyond 50 years.
- Wide range of operating temperatures (-60o to 90o)
Insulation and Refrigeration
Especially suited to insulation when there is a need to maximise space
- Wall insulation
- Cold room/store insulation
- Container insulation
- Pipe insulation
- Tank insulation
- Air conditioning lining boxes
Positive buoyancy properties for
- Boat building (both fibreglass and alloy boats)
- buoys, pontoons and docks
- A wide range of adhesives can be used and PUR can be covered with paint, adhesives and glassed with polyester resins.
- Form work for fibreglassing
Read more about Custom Cuts
- Custom profiling into a variety of shapes and sizes.
- Ease of shaping for sculpturing and mould making.
- Stage and movie props and sets
- Advertising and signage